|This article will show you how to set-up and use email with the iPhone 4. The iPhone 4 email app is compatible with MobileMe, Microsoft Exchange, Gmail, Yahoo, and many of the most popular Internet-based email, contacts, and calendar service providers. ...Read more|
StepsSetting up MobileMe Email
- Set up a MobileMe Free Account or a MobileMe Paid Subscription.
- Go to Settings and then tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
- Tap “Add Account,” then tap MobileMe. Enter your Apple ID and password, or tap “Create Free Apple ID” and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Verify your email address, if required. Then make sure “Find My iPhone” is turned on.
- Add an account with your Microsoft Exchange account settings. See your service provider or system administrator for those settings.
- Go to your iPhone settings. Tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.” Then tap “Add Account,” and then “Microsoft Exchange.”
- Enter your complete email address, domain (optional), user name, password, and a description. The description can be whatever you like.
- Go to your iPhone settings. Tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars.”
- Tap “Add Account,” and then Google, Yahoo!, or AOL.
- Enter your name, complete email address, password, and a description. The description can be whatever you like.
- Tap the items you want to use on iPhone. Available items depend upon the service provider.
- Tap the Mail icon, then tap the inbox you want. A list of emails will appear. To access an email, tap it and it will open.
- The open email text may appear small to you. Enlarge it by touching the screen with two fingers and spreading them apart. To scroll about the screen, slide your finger in the direction you want to go. To resize a column of text to fit the screen, double-tap the text.
- Tap the up and down arrows on the top right of the message screen to view the next or previous email in your inbox. To go back to your inbox, tap the “Inbox” arrow at the top left of the screen.
- Add the email sender or recipient to your contact list. To do so, first tap the message and, if necessary, tap “Details” to see the recipients/senders. Then tap the desired name or email address. On the new screen, tap “Create New Contact” or “Add to Existing Contact.”
- Tap the email icon of the pencil writing on paper.
- Type a name or email address in the “To” field, or tap the “Plus” button to add a name from your contacts.
- As you type an email address, matching email addresses from your contacts list appear below. Tap an address to add it. To add more names, tap “Return” or the “Plus” button. Note: If you’re composing a message from your Microsoft Exchange account and have access to your enterprise Global Address List (GAL), matching addresses from the contacts on iPhone appear first, followed by matching GAL addresses.
- Tap “Cc/Bcc/From” if you want to copy or blind copy the message to others, or change the account you send the message from. If you have more than one email account, or if you have email aliases for your MobileMe account, you can tap the “From” field to change the account or alias you’re sending from.
- Enter a subject, then your message. You can tap “Return” to move from one field to another. Tap “Send.” Your message is on its way.
- To view an attached file, tap the attachment to open it in Quick Look.
- You may need to download the attachment first by tapping the down arrow button if it appears at the end of the message in a dotted box with the document name.
Sources and Citations
- Original article by ShowUhow, Inc.(http://www.showuhow.com).
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Set up and Use Email With the iPhone 4. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.