|The Apple earphones with remote and mic can do far more than just play music.
The "iPhone earbuds" actually work with more than just the iPhone, these tips will work ...Read more
The Apple earphones with remote and mic can do far more than just play music. The "iPhone earbuds" actually work with more than just the iPhone, these tips will work if you have the advanced headphones with a iPod Shuffle (3rd gen), iPod Nano (4th and 5th gen), iPod Touch (2nd,3rd, and 4th generation). Not all features described here will work with all models. For example, some of the methods described here will only work with a iPhone 3GS or later.
- Learn the buttons on the microphone which is on the cord.
- The plus button on the top of the microphone turns the volume up.
- The minus button on the bottom turns the volume down.
- The center button is the play and pause button for songs and also pick up and hang up button on the phone.
- Learn the music, podcast, audio book or video controls:
- Play or pause song - press center button once.
- Skip song - press center button rapidly twice.
- Fast forward - press center button twice and hold.
- Back to previous song - Press center button three times
- Rewind - Press center button three times rapidly and hold.
- Volume up - plus button
- Volume down - minus button
- Learn the phone controls
- Answer call - press the center button.
- Hang up - press the center button again.
- Decline an incoming call - hold down the center button for 2 seconds and release. Listen for 2 low beeps that confirm the call was denied.
- Place current call on hold while swapping to other call - Press center button. Repeat after delay to swap to other call.
- Hang up current call and answer incoming call - Hold center button down for 2 seconds. When you release 2 beeps will let you know old call has been terminated and you will be on the new call.
- Use voice control or Siri (if your iPhone or iPod supports voice control).
- Hold down the center button until you hear a tone. Use voice control/Siri as directed on your iPhone.
- How to Fix an iPhone 3G Screen
- How to Combine I Phone Headphones (With Microphone) to Other Headphones (Without)
- How to Change Siri's Voice on an iPhone