- Press-hold the Home button (big circle below the screen) and the Sleep/Wake button (on top of the iPhone) simultaneously.
- Continue holding both buttons until the iPhone shuts off and begins to restart. This will take anywhere from 15-60 seconds.
- Assuming your iDevice isn't totally crashed and unresponsive, you will be offered the ability to power off at this point. If you take that option, remember to turn your phone back on when you are done. Alternatively, you can ignore the power off request and continue holding continue following the steps below.
- You may let go when you see the silver Apple logo. You have now completed the hard reset successfully.
- Don't be alarmed that it takes quite a while to load from the Apple logo to the main screen. This is normal.
- It's best not to hard reset or reboot your iPhone if you can avoid it. When given the option of powering down and just restarting, take that option.
- How to Record on an iPod for Free
- How to Hack a Verizon RAZR v3m Mobile Phone
- How to Unlock Your Nokia Cell Phone
- How to Dispute Your Cell Phone Bill
- How to Save a Wet Cell Phone
- How to Reset a HTC Smartphone when Locked Out
- How to Change Siri's Voice on an iPhone
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Hard Reset an iPhone. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.