|On July 23, 2010 Apple began allowing iPhone 4 owners to receive a free case or bumper in the hopes of fixing the notorious antenna reception problems caused by holding in a way that attenuates the antenna. This program is no longer active and this page exists for historical information only. ...Read more|
StepsFrom Your iPhone
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone and search for "iPhone 4 case program". Select the app that appears on top of the list.
- Click the blue button marked "Free" to begin downloading the app.
- Press "Get Started" and then select the case or bumper you want. You can view details of the cases available by clicking each case.
- Follow the prompts to confirm your address information. Wait at least 3-5 weeks for your free case to arrive by mail.
- Navigate directly to the App Store via this link.
- Download the app as you would any other iPhone app.
- Sync with iTunes via the USB cable.
- Open the app on your iPhone and follow the "On Your iPhone" instructions above.
- Make sure you qualify. According to the terms and conditions, you must meet the following conditions to get a refund:
- The iPhone 4 bumper must have one of the following part numbers qualify: MC597ZM, MC669ZM, MC668ZM, MC670ZM, MC671ZM, MC672ZM
- It must have been purchased from an Apple Retail Store, Apple Online Store, or 1-800-MY-APPLE
- If you bought the case at an Apple store with a credit card, wait. Apple has already refunded your account and it may take up to one billing cycle for the refund to appear. You can check the status of your refund here.
- If you used cash, a check, or a gift card at an Apple store to buy a case, go back to the store by September 30, 2010. They will process a refund for you there.
- If you used a gift card on the Apple Online Store, wait for a new gift card in the amount of the refund in the mail.
- If you bought a bumper from an AT&T Store, fill out this rebate coupon. Mail it out, making sure it's postmarked no later than September 23, 2010. You will receive an email notification when your check is mailed.
- This entire process should take about 5 minutes if you do this directly from your iPhone. Allow around 10 minutes if doing this on your computer.
- This program is no longer active. This page is for historical reading only. Do not try this.
- Unfortunately, each case has at least a 3 to 5 week waiting period before it will arrive at your house.
- How to wikiHow:Get the wikiHow iPhone Application
- How to Deauthorize iTunes
- How to Fix the Safari Privacy Leak by Disabling Autofill
- How to Create an Iphone Application
Sources and Citations
Article provided by wikiHow, a wiki how-to manual. Please edit this article and find author credits at the original wikiHow article on How to Get a Free iPhone 4 Case from Apple. All content on wikiHow can be shared under a Creative Commons license.